New Year’s resolutions of the mentally ill
- Get out of bed at some point.
- Take your meds.
- Lose the weight you gained from taking your meds.
- Get more sleep at night.
- Get less sleep at day.
- When people ask if you’re ok, tell the truth and say “no, I am not”.
- Do something every day that does not scare you.
- Have one thought at a time.
- If you don’t want to go to something, decline the invite. Don’t say “maybe” it’ll only delay the anxiety you’ll feel trying to come up with a last-minute excuse when the person texts you like “are you coming tonight?” and you’ll have to be like “damn, is that tonight? shit sorry, I have another thing tonight. damn, that sucks. I do want to see you through. you around next week?” Now, look what you’ve done. What a fucking mess. You’re already dreading next week AND you have to make up the thing you just said you had. Goddammit. Just say no and save yourself the additional anxiety.
- Go outside once or twice.
- Meet more pets.
- Be person-like.
- Make a bullshit list but don’t attempt anything on it. You made a list and that is accomplishment enough.
- Resist spiralling into the crushing darkness of your mind.
- Shower again.
- Quit smoking cigarettes.
- Continue smoking weed.
- Do whatever you need to do.
लेखक : लेखापढी ३१ चैत्र २०७७, मंगलवार १५:४३ मा प्रकाशित